Making ESG a core theme
Through our governance structure, we ensure that our sustainable investment principles and various aspects of ESG are actively incorporated into portfolio management.
Through this ongoing collaboration between our teams we:
- Take ESG considerations into account in all investment decisions
- Establish a dialogue with the members of management or the Boards of portfolio companies
- Ensure that the portfolios are well positioned for the transition to a sustainable economy
A sound governance structure facilitates decision-making and promotes the interests of both the company and its stakeholders.
Exercising our voting rights
As a shareholder, our voting rights provide considerable leverage for expressing our position on governance matters, in accordance with the principles described in our Policy Governing the Exercise of Voting Rights of Public Companies.
Protecting our companies from technology risks
We perform rigorous cybersecurity analyses on our portfolio companies to:
- Assign each of them a customized cybersecurity rating
- Support decision-making by our teams
We also provide the support they need to improve their cybersecurity practices, both to prevent cybersecurity incidents and in response to them.
In 2021, our teams concluded 398 technology risk analyses, including 172 analyses of transactions.