CDPQ has extensive experience managing bond portfolios, with more than 15 years in direct corporate credit.
Our Fixed Income teams invest in a variety of debt securities and derivatives, which are diversified across different investment horizons. They leverage broad knowledge and expertise to generate long-term value.
Net assets in Fixed Income portfolios as at December 31, 2017
Of CDPQ’s overall portfolio
In credit markets
Our core areas
Our investment activities are grouped together
into four main areas
- Developed and growth markets
Real estate debt
- Commercial mortgages (managed by our subsidiary Otéra Capital)
- Private and public companies
- Financing and investments in tangible and intangible assets
We aim to generate a stable current yield over the long term. In addition to reducing the overall risk level of CDPQ’s portfolio, our fixed income investments enable our clients’ assets and long-term commitments to be better balanced. They also constitute a substantial source of liquidity.
Our investment approach
- Target a long-term investment horizon
- Provide complete solutions by focusing on our agility and our resources
- Propose financing adapted to the needs of our partners
- Establish partnerships at the global level
What we look for
- A shared vision
We establish partnerships with asset managers, peers and financial institutions.
- High-potential opportunities
We emphasize acquisitions through borrowing, development capital and asset financing.
We target assets that provide a stable yield over the medium and long terms.