At CDPQ, we invest constructive capital knowing that performance and progress go hand in hand. By directing capital toward a greener and more equitable transition, we can generate growth while contributing to a more sustainable world.
2021 Key figures
Decrease in our portfolio’s carbon intensity since 2017
Share of women on our Executive Committee
Total technology risk analyses conducted by our teams
Our ESG priorities
Our investment strategy to address climate change aims to contribute to the transition toward a low-carbon economy and achieve a net‑zero portfolio by 2050.
We steadfastly promote equity, diversity and inclusion and we fight against abusive tax planning in order to build stronger communities.
We encourage a sound governance structure as it facilitates decision-making and promotes the interests of both the company and its stakeholders.
We support portfolio companies in creating lasting value by focusing on profitable long-term business opportunities.
Our 6 stewardship investing levers of influence
- Strategic projects
Deployment of strategies, policies and initiatives to affirm our ambition in sustainable investing
Outreach initiatives in Québec and abroad as well as involvement in collaborative platforms alongside our peers and the financial ecosystem
Advisory role for our teams regarding sustainable investing opportunities and for our nominee directors and operating partners to enhance their understanding of ESG issues
- ESG integration
Assessment of ESG performance integrated into the investment analysis and decision-making process
- Advice and engagement
Ongoing dialogue with our portfolio companies and external managers to promote ESG best practices and value creation
- Shareholder vote
Exercise our right to vote as a shareholder in line with our sustainable investing convictions and priorities
Our most recent commitments
COP15 Statement from the Private Financial Sector
- Signed in December 2022
- Led by the Principles for Responsible Investment (PRI), a UN-supported organization
- Calls on private financial actors to contribute to the protection and restoration of biodiversity and ecosystems through financing and investment
Taskforce on Nature-related Financial Disclosures (TNFD) Forum
- Joined in December 2022
- Develops and delivers a risk management and disclosure framework for organizations to report and act on evolving nature-related risks
Farm Animal Investment Risk and Return (FAIRR)
- Joined in December 2022
- Raises awareness to help investors make informed decisions to minimize material risks and maximize opportunities for long-term, sustainable growth in the global food system
- Signed in May 2022
- Provides a roadmap to 2030 for businesses to move towards an ambitious and sustainable future
Statement by the Quebec Financial Centre for a Sustainable Finance
- Signed in October 2021
- Invites stakeholders in the Quebec financial sector to adopt ambitious measures to position Québec as a centre of excellence and innovation in sustainable finance in North America
In 2022, we published our Sustainable Development Plan with three strategic orientations and 12 commitments to carry out over the year to generate positive and durable social and environmental impacts.