At CDPQ, we believe that environmental, social and governance (ESG) matters should not be seen as constraints. They are an opportunity to generate sustainable growth that benefits everyone.
Our main focal areas
We want to help address the challenges society faces and show that commercial interests are compatible with the public interest. To have a greater impact, we play a leadership role in engaging our partners on our priorities.
Our approach to stewardship investing
- Global approach
Integrate our approach into the centre of our decision-making process for the total portfolio and our activities
- Priority: Climate
Deploy an ambitious and structured strategy to contribute to the transition toward a low-carbon global economy
- Focal areas
In addition to the climate, focus our actions on diversity and governance, including Board composition, executive compensation, cybersecurity and international taxation
Engage our partners on a collective and constructive commitment to community sustainability
- Centralizing expertise
Consolidate our expertise in a group dedicated to stewardship investing
Our latest commitments
An overview of CDPQ’s latest commitments in line with our stewardship investment strategy.
Tobacco-Free Finance Pledge
- Signed the pledge in December 2020.
- This pledge highlights the leadership of financial institutions that have implemented tobacco-free finance policies and encourages others to follow suit.
CEO Statement of Canada’s eight largest pension plan investment managers
- Signed the statement in November 2020.
- The statement calls on companies and investors to help drive sustainable and inclusive economic growth from companies through better ESG disclosure and reporting.
- Signed the BlackNorth pledge in September 2020.
- The BlackNorth Initiative invites senior business leaders in Québec and across Canada to commit to specific actions and targets designed to end anti-Black systemic racism and to contribute to the creation of opportunities for the Black community.
CDPQ and its employees are involved in their community and actively support a number of philanthropic causes in Québec.