A fund for diversity and inclusion
Equity 253 is an investment fund of $250 million to be deployed over four years with the goal of increasing diversity and inclusion in companies in Québec and Canada. It is the largest Canadian fund ever created to target companies that leverage diversity as a vector of development and expansion.
- A $5-million to $30-million investment in your company.
- Operational guidance to help implement and execute a customized diversity and inclusion plan.
- Value-added support through access to diversified expertise, our international network and our ability to secure relationships.
- People of diverse backgrounds (e.g. women, visible minorities, Indigenous peoples) must represent at least:
- 25% of your Board of Directors
- 25% of your management team
- 25% of your shareholding
- Achieve this objective within five years following the confirmation of your financing.
To submit a request for financing, you must:
- Be based in Québec or elsewhere in Canada
- Take concrete action on diversity and inclusion
- Demonstrate strong growth
- Solid economic foundation: quality management team, strong financial performance and healthy balance sheet
- History of profitability
- Potential to enhance your operational efficiency
- Solid economic foundation: quality management team, considerable market size and sustained annual growth
- Competitive technology offering
- Predictive and proven business model: significant growth in sales and high level of recurring revenue
Why a fund for diversity and inclusion?
Studies have made it clear. Greater diversity in our companies fosters better decision-making and has a positive impact on:
- Risk management
- Financial performance
That’s why we want to encourage SMEs to set measurable objectives on becoming more diverse, and benefit from this additional lever to drive performance.
Stewardship investing at CDPQ includes diversity as one of three strategic priorities. For several years now, we have actively promoted gender diversity through various initiatives.
The Equity 253 Strategic Committee
Wils Theagene Senior Director, Québec
Tom Birch Managing Director, Global Venture Capital and Technologies
Martin Laguerre Managing Director, Capital Solutions
Kim Thomassin Executive Vice-President and Head of Investments in Québec and Stewardship Investing
Rana GhorayebPresident and Chief Executive Officer
Bertrand Millot Vice President, Risk Management, Fixed Income and Head of Climate Risk and Issues
Barbara Boucher Senior Director, Legal Affairs
Dominique Lachal Analyst, Consumer
Macky Tall Head of Real Assets and Private Equity, CDPQ
President and Chief Executive Officer, CDPQ Infra
Philippe Batani Vice-President, Communications and Public Affairs